Some places are just more expensive to live in than others. Real Estate pricing have soared high in the past few years which is a bit of a disappointment to everyone who is also experiencing tougher times, with the recession continuing all over the world. So if you want to avoid living in the priciest places on earth, here is a list of the most expensive markets in the world. Remember that this list is based only on the real estate value and not the cost of living.
5. Paris, France – The value of real estate here is almost similar to that of Tokyo and Hong Kong Market but is still relatively more expensive with at least $2,100 per square foot.
4. Moscow,Russia – In this big city, it would cost you $2,120 per square foot. The emerging growth of their country’s economy is one factor that draws a lot of people to live here.
3. New York, USA- Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, and apparently making of your dream ain’t cheap. This city will cost you $2,160 per square foot.
2. London, UK- This place was never cheap to begin with and has just doubled. $3,670 per square foot!
1. Monaco - Well this place is obviously home to the richest of the rich! $6,550 per square foot! OUCH.